Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Disclaimer

Ok, so my sister gave me flack for posting pictures on facebook where i'm not completely covered.

  • First of all, I have to say that it took a lot of guts to hit "post" on that.
  • Second of all, given the context of the note, (which she may not have read) I figure that a picture can speak louder than words. No one would take health advice from a fatty. They are just not credible!

And now motive: honestly? I've done weight watchers, I've tried Jessica Seinfields "Deceptively Delicious recipies, I've tried to encorporate a Medeteranean diet, I've tried a lot of things to be 'healthy". I've always excercized...ALWAYS. But this is the first time, where I learned exactly what to eat so I wouldn't have cravings. I know exactly how much food is enough,and I know how to adjust it for all of my family members specific needs.

Now, I don't feel guilty eating, or feeling full. I enjoy my food, and don't beat myself up over not making it to the gym. I don't exercize as hard, and I know that I'll be just fine! 90% of how we look is what we eat. I read all the tips on how to be healthy from magazines, and just smile because I'm allready doing all the things they say! It's all included in the Live the Life program. I never knew how to encorporate all the tips and ideas before. "eat more fish, eat some nuts, add citrus...etc etc etc." But now, it's just part of who I am.

Lastly, my heart hurts when I hear of people starting up diets and joining programs. Because unless we are taught how to eat to maintain horomone levels and insulin, we all will give in to "emotional eating". Kristi teaches all of those things. It just makes so much sense! So, I hope no one was offended by my unmodest pictures. I stand by my reasoning.

0 comments: