Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Hot

Okay....so we don't post too many narratives on here, so let us know if you appreciate this one!

The other day, at the dinner table, Aleia was commenting over and over again that her dinner was hot. This continued even after we put hers in the freezer for a couple minutes, and she even blew on each bite before putting it on her mouth. Having tested the food ourselves, Dixie and I both determined that the food was in fact NOT hot, and probably would have been too cold for either of our tastes.

So, after yet another "It's hot dad" comment, I did what any other quick-thinking dad would do: I pulled in a "your mom" comment. So, here is the dialog that ensued:

Me, to Aleia: "Your mom's hot!"

Aleia, after touching Dixie on the arm: "Nooooo, mommy's not hot."

Dixie: "Aleia, hot is also another way to say 'beautiful,' so when a boy says you're hot, it means you're really beautiful."

Aleia: "I'm hot!"

10 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Kids are hilarious! Great story.

mj said...

nice matt, you are my hero...

Jamie said...

VERY funny! She is so cute! How is Macey?

Anonymous said...

Nice. Gotta love 2 year olds.

Nicole said...

Too funny!!! Your girls are just adorable, I love all the pictures!!

Sarah said...

What a great story - and I think they're both great!!! It was great to get see you guys last week!!! I'm challenging everyone to leave a comment on all of the blogs they check - you're is one of them!!! Hope things are going well!!

Tina said...

Too cute! Great story.

Jamie said...

Ha ha-I love it. This is the best age, because of all of the cute things they say.

Beee said...

Sounds like she keeps you busy. Both your girls are adorable. Thanks for sharing the commentary. I would also like to congratulate you on Macie's birth. I think Marjean sent word of it in one of her emails, but seeing as our family is so close (eye roll), I have not had the opportunity to congratulate you until now.
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

haha, I loved your comment. Kids are such joys! I cannot wait until my husband & I have children