Saturday, December 19, 2009

My "Live the Life" Experience

So, I don't normally publicize these kinds of things unless people ask. But this has been so life changing for me, I realy wan't everyone to try it out! I can't think of anything but good that can come from this, so I'm going to go out on a limb a little bit.

A few months ago I was frustrated because I was going to the gym religiously and ate healthy and wasn't getting the results I wanted. I found a program called Live the Life, iv'e been able to loose the weight, and keep it off. I'm so much happier! And I know that it's ok if I don't get my workout in. Live the life gives you 12 weeks of meal plans and workouts and tells you exactly what and how to eat, with the grocery list and everything. The workouts are simple enough to do at home. And not only does she teach you positive life changing habbits, but tells you exactly what is best to eat at fast food joints, or restaurants, and it realy is a lifestyle...not a yoyo diet.

I've been able to loose 13 pounds on Live the Life, and have continued the lifestyle for six months now. I honestly can't think of living any other way. Honestly I think the biggest change that I've made is a mental change. I'm a lot more positive in my mind. Not just with eating or working out, but with everything. I used to beat myself up over things, but now I can get over things a lot easier. I don't dwell on my mistakes as much, and I am a lot better at positive self talk.

Some other benefits have been :

  • I'm more confident in myself
  • my family is eating healthier
  • the girls really like the food.
  • I don't have to spend all day at the gym now, or plan my life around aerobics classes
  • I've even been able to cut grocery spending.
  • I usually spend around $60-65 a week on groceries for our family.
  • Matt's lost 20 pounds just from the diet part alone.
  • My mom just started too, she says she's lost 12 pounds the first 4 weeks, and I think the hardest part for her is eating all the food. Darn! ( I have no problem eating a lot of food):o)

I know a lot of people may be looking for a lifestyle change for the new year. So, if you are interested, check out Kristi's website, or I'd be happy to talk your ear off about it :o) So if you are interested, here are some links. Here's for Men: https://kristiapproved.infusionsoft.com/go/ltlmens/dixistix/ Here's for Women: https://kristiapproved.infusionsoft.com/go/ltlwomens/dixistix and here's a little bit more about it: https://kristiapproved.infusionsoft.com/go/ltlgneral/dixistix/


Before After


Before After





5 comments:

Curtis and Andi said...

Wow! You really do look great and you're super tone too. I am both looking forward to and dreading losing this baby weight. I might call you with tips on how to do it with 2 kids. AHHHH!

Trish said...

You look amazing, girl! It was fun to see you on Saturday and meet your husband. Love ya!

OuR fAmILy! said...

I found your blog through your sisters and I was wondering about "Live the Life". I am intrested in what kind of meals they have. Are they fancy, hard, strange? I couldn't really find anything on their site. I don't want to buy or pay for anything if the meals are scary. One thing I hate about diets.

Dixie said...

This week, our meals are
M1: pancakes and syrup
M2: eggs and tortillas and 1/2 piece fruit
M3: yogurt, 2 hard boiled eggs and a granola bar
M4: BBQ chicken pizza
M5: chicken salad
M6: enchiladas (with chiles, chicken cream cheese, and cheese)
The food is very yummy, and is simple enough to make yourself. Normal ingredients from the store. It's really something that once I started experiencing, I never wanted to eat different. In that way, it's not really a diet, more a lifestyle change. Let me know what other questions you have!

Lisa Pett said...

Hi Dixie! I found your blog linked on my sister's and when I saw this post I HAD to comment. You look amazing! Great job! I will have to look into that program. I am training for my first 5K in May and have about 10 pounds left I would like to lose. After seeing your pictures I'm a little more motivated!